I’m Michael Edelstone, a product and marketing designer working at Action Verb, the extremely talented and fully-remote team that makes BrickFTP. Before that I led digital design and content for Texas State University.
I’m into bicycles, movies, astronomy, national parks, and adventures with my dog, Chloe. One day I hope to be recruited by an intergalactic team of fighter pilots like Alex Rogan in The Last Starfighter.
Don't like brevity? Here's a longer version.
Some things I know pretty darn well
- HTML: Semantic, accessible, future-thinking, templated, you-name-it. We’re essentially BFFs.
- CSS: Roger that. Big fan of animations and flexbox, with real-world experience writing vanilla, Sass, and postCSS.
- Responsive design: By default, baby! Even talked about it on a podcast a little while ago.
- Product UX: Sketches, hifi mockups, and clickable prototypes using a refined, understandable process.
- Design tools: Balsamiq, Photoshop, and Chrome DevTools are my go-tos, but I enjoy Sketch and InVision too.
- Git and GitHub: From React apps to static sites, I open source, GitFlow, and the command line.