I’m Michael Edelstone, a digital designer focusing on utilitarian products and brands. Currently, I’m part of the extremely capable team at Kuali. Before that, I led design initiatives at BrickFTP and Texas State University.
I enjoy bicycles, movies, astronomy, national parks, and adventures with my dog, Chloe. One day I hope to be recruited by an intergalactic team of fighter pilots like Alex Rogan in The Last Starfighter.
If you’re not into brevity, here’s some more stuff.
Some things I know pretty darn well
- HTML: Semantic, logical, future-thinking, templated, you-name-it. We’re essentially BFFs.
- CSS: Roger that. Big fan of animations and flexbox, with real-world experience writing vanilla, Sass, and postCSS.
- Accessibility: Universal design is central to my process. I’ve shipped interfaces conforming to the strictest standards.
- Product UX: Research, sketches, app copy, and clickable prototypes using a refined, understandable process.
- Design tools: Sketch, InVision and Chrome DevTools are my go-tos, but I enjoy Figma and Balsamiq too.
- Git and GitHub: From React apps to static sites, I open source, GitFlow, and the command line.