Hello! My name is Michael Edelstone and I’m a 42-year-old software designer/developer working remotely. My current home base is San Marcos, Texas, where I rent a little house. I often do extended stays in various cities and am also considering a move in the near future. When I'm not on-the-job, I hike, watch movies, fix bicycles, cook, and take road trips.
I have a 13-year-old, 50-pound Australian Shepherd mix dog. She is well-exercised, hardly ever barks, and is rarely left unattended. I’m way past the partying stage, don’t smoke, and have infrequent guests. I take immaculately good care of the places I live, report issues promptly, and pay on-time, 100% of the time.
What I’m looking for
I'm looking for a stand-alone house with 0-1 bedrooms, a full kitchen, and no shared walls or roommates. A space that is well-cared for, modern, and clean. A cottage, guest house, or garage apartment has worked well in the past. A quiet place with no excessive street, dog, construction, train, or human noise, and no nearby smokers is essential. Remote locations are great, but since I work from home regularly, fast and reliable internet is important.
I’m highly flexible on terms if the house meets these qualifications.
- Bundled utilities with rent
- Furnished (if I'm staying for a short while)
- Country setting or remote from neighbors
- Central (or very efficient) heating and cooling
- Ability to obtain very fast internet, with personal access to the router for troubleshooting
- Dog-friendly and close to trailheads
More about me
- Professional designer since 2009
- 800+ FICO score with a decade of solid references
- Minimalist lifestyle, conservative energy user, and very quiet
- Super clean and respectful of space
- Good communication and sense of humor
- Responsible pet owner; we walk 1.5 hours a day and don’t need a yard
Please contact me with details if you think it’s a good fit or to ask me questions.
Thanks for looking!